Administrative Assistant – Programs
Deadline for application: May 1, 2018
Relocation costs not covered.
Opening for an Administrative Assistant with in the Programs Division of a 100+ year old national non-profit organization. We are looking for a full time Administrative Assistant that will assist the organization with completing accurate and timely daily tasks, projects, and reports. A typical workday would include but is not limited to the following tasks: receives telephone callers and visitors at National Headquarters, determines nature of business, and directs callers and visitors to destination. Reads and routes incoming mail. Copying, faxing, filing, preparing and completing reports, preparing official correspondence, and completing mailings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide excellent service to members. Member satisfaction is the highest priority.
- Assists Director of Programs & Communications in various areas including: answering queries from Departments and Auxiliaries by phone or through other types of correspondence; training of back-up personnel as pertains to all programs.
- Accurately and expeditiously create memos, correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents.
- Prepares and prints awards, citations memorandums and other correspondence and citations from data sources as pertains to the all programs and VAVS program.
- Proofreads all printed materials and awards as pertains to all programs and VAVS program.
- Performs variety of clerical duties including data entry that could include updating member information, processing membership dues, donations, updating database, and fulfilling brochure requests.
- Reviews incoming documents for accuracy, determines discrepancies and requests additional information, as needed.
- Run errands for company business as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
A successful candidate must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate must also have the ability to:
- Read, write, speak, and interpret documents in the English language.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak English effectively on the phone or before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, members, and others in an effective, courteous, timely, and professional manner in writing and orally.
- Deal effectively with the public and to present a professional and courteous attitude at all times.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Deal with problems in calm manner and use prudent problem solving skills.
- Deal effectively with the public and to present a professional and courteous attitude.
- Use basic office machinery such as a computer, copier, and postage machine.
- Type at least 45 wpm.
- Proficient in use of a telephone system.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software products.
- Follow instructions.
- Pay close attention to detail as accuracy is of the utmost importance.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and life insurance. The VFW Auxiliary also offers vacation, sick, and personal leave.
$13.00 – $15.00/hour
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Cara Day, Director of Programs & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.