If you would like our Department President’s shirt or her pin, use the forms below.
June 30 is fast approaching. Please call your unpaid members again and make sure they understand that if their dues are not paid by June 30 they will no longer be a member in good standing, no cancer insurance and will have to apply for membership like a new member. All previous years of membership are lost. Please do this as I saw a member who said she paid her dues and cannot find her canceled check and asked what she needs to do. This tells me members are interested just need another push.
Celia Davis, Department Membership Chairman
VFW Auxiliary Department of Missouri
Thursday, June 14, 2018
2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Registration, Convention Center Lobby
2:00 p.m. Line Officers Meeting (President’s Suite)
4:30 p.m. Council of Administration Meeting
6:00 p.m. Dinner (by invitation only)
8:00 p.m. Reception for National Representative – President’s Suite
8:30 p.m. District Presidents Practice/Auxiliary Presidents
(District Presidents need to bring 2 Color Bearer Flags)
9:00 p.m. Floor Practice & Pages meeting
Friday, June 15, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Registration, Convention Center Lobby
8:30 a.m. –10:30 p.m. Joint Opening Session
As soon as Joint
Opening Session Ritualistic Opening of Auxiliary Convention by PDP, Yvonne Massey
Is Over Presentation of Guests
Reading of Minutes of previous Convention
Report of Convention Rules
Lunch Enjoy! (You are on your own.)
1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Opening by PDP Judy Thrower
Presentation of Pages
Visit from the VFW Department Commander and Past Department Commanders/
PDP’s visit to VFW (as time permits)
Nomination of Officers
4:00 –6:00 p.m. Registration, Convention Center Lobby
4:15 p.m. Meet the Candidates – Open Forum/Question and Answer Session
5:00 p.m. BBQ (poolside)
6:00 pm Past Department Presidents Dinner (Invitation only)
VFW Auxiliary Department of Missouri
Saturday, June 16, 2018
7:30 a.m. Breakfast for VAVS Representatives, Deputies, and Veterans Home Representatives – President’s Suite (by invitation only)
8:00 – 10:00 a.m. Registration, Convention Center Lobby
8:30 a.m. Opening by PDP Jeri Sherwood and/or Hazel Linneberger
Draping of the Charter and Memorial Service
Presentation of District Presidents with Flags
Presentation of Past Department President’s
Report of Resolution Committee
Introductions of Allied Guests
Lunch for Allied Guests, Past Department Presidents and Line Officers (President’s Suite by Invitation Only)
1:30 p.m. Opening by Susan Eveland and Debbie Griffin
2018-2019 Membership Skit
2:00 p.m. Presentation to Department President
Remarks by National Representative
Report of Credentials Committee
Nomination and Election of Officers
4:30 p.m. Closing Ceremonies
5:30 p.m. Joint Installation of 2018-2019 VFW & Auxiliary Department Officers
Sunday, June 17, 2018
9:00 a.m. Council of Administration meeting will be held.
All 2018-2019 Council Members are required to attend.
Safe Travels Home
(This agenda is subject to change)
This year is coming to an end and it is time to see what awards your Auxiliary has earned this year. Come join us at the Department meetings, where you will have the opportunity to visit with old friends and make new ones. Convention begins Thursday evening, June 14 and ends Saturday, June 16, in Springfield, MO. See you there.
On 9 April 2018, our Department Nelda traveled to Lexington (4052) for the institution of a new auxiliary. Amy Jo Lett was coordinator for the events and other members of District 6 assisted with the event as needed. They had a great first meeting.
Administrative Assistant – Programs
Deadline for application: May 1, 2018
Relocation costs not covered.
Opening for an Administrative Assistant with in the Programs Division of a 100+ year old national non-profit organization. We are looking for a full time Administrative Assistant that will assist the organization with completing accurate and timely daily tasks, projects, and reports. A typical workday would include but is not limited to the following tasks: receives telephone callers and visitors at National Headquarters, determines nature of business, and directs callers and visitors to destination. Reads and routes incoming mail. Copying, faxing, filing, preparing and completing reports, preparing official correspondence, and completing mailings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide excellent service to members. Member satisfaction is the highest priority.
- Assists Director of Programs & Communications in various areas including: answering queries from Departments and Auxiliaries by phone or through other types of correspondence; training of back-up personnel as pertains to all programs.
- Accurately and expeditiously create memos, correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents.
- Prepares and prints awards, citations memorandums and other correspondence and citations from data sources as pertains to the all programs and VAVS program.
- Proofreads all printed materials and awards as pertains to all programs and VAVS program.
- Performs variety of clerical duties including data entry that could include updating member information, processing membership dues, donations, updating database, and fulfilling brochure requests.
- Reviews incoming documents for accuracy, determines discrepancies and requests additional information, as needed.
- Run errands for company business as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
A successful candidate must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate must also have the ability to:
- Read, write, speak, and interpret documents in the English language.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak English effectively on the phone or before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, members, and others in an effective, courteous, timely, and professional manner in writing and orally.
- Deal effectively with the public and to present a professional and courteous attitude at all times.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Deal with problems in calm manner and use prudent problem solving skills.
- Deal effectively with the public and to present a professional and courteous attitude.
- Use basic office machinery such as a computer, copier, and postage machine.
- Type at least 45 wpm.
- Proficient in use of a telephone system.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software products.
- Follow instructions.
- Pay close attention to detail as accuracy is of the utmost importance.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and life insurance. The VFW Auxiliary also offers vacation, sick, and personal leave.
$13.00 – $15.00/hour
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Cara Day, Director of Programs & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is your Auxiliary doing on collecting dues? We have four months left and we still have 1022 continuous members that HAVE NOT PAID their dues. We can’t leave these members behind, they are very important in our work to continue fighting for the rights of our Veterans. Form a committee and start calling or visiting all those members that have not paid their dues. WE CAN DO THIS!
Congratulations to the 34 Auxiliaries that are currently 100% or more. GREAT JOB!
Congratulations to our top Districts: First place is District 17 at 98.86%; Second place is District 14 at 96.24%; and Third place is District 18 at 95.76%.
Membership is the backbone of this organization and we don’t want any member to drop out. Find out why they have not paid their dues and work with these members. We value all our members!
Come join us as our National President Dee Guillory makes her official visit in Kansas City. Below you will find the information on the National President’s visit.
Below is a great power point presentation to help you with your membership program.