WHO IS THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS AUXILIARY?
For more than 100 years the VFW Auxiliary has been serving Veterans, the military and their family in millions of ways.
VFW Auxiliary members are the relatives of those who have served in overseas combat.
Here are some of the things we did this past year, Nationwide:
- $4.4 Million given in monetary aid provided to veterans, active-duty military and their families.
- $4.0 Million spent by Auxiliaries on all Hospital projects and items given to hospitals.
- 878,349 hours spent volunteering in VA Medical Centers, Hospitals, Nursing Homes and Veterans Homes.
- $122,637 given in scholarships to youths and adults.
- 336,400 is the number of youths the Auxiliary worked with last year.
- 292,781 US Flags were distributed.Frequently asked questions:
- How do I know if I’m eligible to join?
- You must be related to a Veteran who has served in overseas combat, earning the campaign medals that make them eligible. That Veteran can be a grandparent, parent, spouse, deceased spouse, child, sibling or grandchild.
- How can I prove my Veteran is eligible?
- The most common document is a DD214, which will list the Veteran’s dates of service and campaign medals. But you can also use other separation documents, such as documents showing service in Korea, Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay on pay records and also sometimes other documentation if you don’t have one of these.
- Does my Veteran have to be retired from the military?
- No, your Veteran is eligible the moment he/she earns the accepted campaign medals for overseas service.
We are STRENGTH in numbers, the more members we have the better we look when we ask our Congressmen to support our Veterans. Your membership in our organization is very important to us.
COME ON IN AND JOIN US![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]